After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Saturday 16 June 2018

Quick evening ride


Bicycle: 20 km 
Riding time: 1:05 h
Total ascent: 38 m
Avg speed:  18.2 km/h
Max speed:  33.8 km/h
Route: Leiden - Rijpwetering - Leiden
Weather: Sunny and a bit windy, 16 C


Today in the morning we visited with some new friends from a Meetup group (Espanoles en Holanda) gardens in Amsterdam that are normally close to the public. Like this more conceptual garden, but also some others that were full of flowers or more like a 17th century French garden arrangement. 


After a late lunch I had still just about time to go to an apparently famous bicycle shop in Amsterdam, specializing in touring bicycles.  Where I ordered my new bicycles to be delivered in about 4 weeks! I got all measured up, had to take multiple decisions on what kind of handle bar I would like, if with derailleur or internal hub, if with a chain or a belt... even what type of light. Finally the decision on the frame was a very easy one, as most of the "female" bicycles aren't that female, and still require quite a high entry into the bicycle, so finally it is going to be an idworxs model. But that will still need at least 4 weeks.

So when I finally came home it was already 19:00 and dinner was probably going to be around 20:30, so I set out for a very quick ride just up to Rijpwetering (where the Golden Fox restaurant is... to which I have still not made it) and then rode back to town (with quite some head wind).


This time I didn't get lost on the way home and made it nicely in time for dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment