After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Friday 15 June 2018

Cycling instead of Ronaldo : Spain (3:3)

Bicycle: 28 km 
Riding time: 1:34 h
Total ascent: 69 m
Avg speed:  18.0 km/h
Max speed:  32.0 km/h
Route: Leiden - Wassenaar - Katwijk - Leiden
Weather: Gray and humid, but no rain, 14 C

After a week of too much sitting in front of my (work) computer, some cycling just before the weekend. Also thanks to the football match Portugal : Spain that just ended in a 3:3 draw. So while my husband was in a bar watching it, I had time to ride a bit.

Actually todays ride was a copy-paste of a ride to Katwijk and the dunes a few days ago. But this time with slightly better weather.

Close to Wassenaar there are some relatively stationary birds, storks and some others that seem to live there, as I encountered them pretty much in the same spot now several times already. Today I managed to get a good picture.


On towards the dune and up in to the "mountains":


On the dunes also a jogging competition was ongoing that finished in a stadium in Katwijk with a lot of cheering. I first saw that there was something ongoing, because two paramedics were following a slow jogger on bicycles on a walking path. Only after a while I realized that there were more people jogging in an organized way and those two paramedics and the solitary jogger must have been backmarker.


No comments:

Post a Comment