After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Friday 1 June 2018

Bicycle #2

I do hope that this counter does not need to go up, but after my first Dutch day-to-day bicycle was stolen on Tuesday evening, I got a new one. Well, a new old one.

It should have costed 199 Euros, but I got it for 175 Euros plus then an other 25 Euros for getting the front rack installed.


It is actually quite an elegant Dutch bicycle, with 5 gears, 2 breaks and a not so nice looking saddle, but the skirt protection fender was already included. So I hope this one now is going to last longer. (I have to admit that the one that got stolen, probably I forgot to lock the rear wheel locket... and I never used a chain. Now to the "new" one, I gave my Japanese chain I used in Japan for 3 years on my brompton (a very basic, number coded lock, that probably any Dutch schoolchild can open in half a minute), and bought a new sturdier one for my brompton, should I ever leave it somewhere outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment