After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Zoetermeer and Vlietsland in one circle ride

Bicycle: 30 km 
Riding time: 1:38 h
Total ascent: 46 m
Avg speed:  18.0 km/h
Max speed:  31.3 km/h
Route: Leiden - Zoetermeer and back round the Vlietsland to Leiden
Weather: Sunny and nice again, 14 C


Today again weather is really nice (global climate change after all isn't that bad... yet...) so I set out yet again in the evening after work on some cycling. I decided to combine Zoetermeer and Vlietland in one ride, without riding around the entire Zoetermermeer and coming back on the river side of the Vlietland (instead of the highway side, as yesterday).

Part of the ride towards Zoetermeer was on the same paths as on Saturday, but this time not in the middle of mist. So I took some pictures of the polders:


... and of the Zoetermeer, where there is even a small beach:


Not today, because too cold, but on the weekend, and even yesterday I saw quite a lot of small (and not so small) boys bath in the rivers and lakes. Even jumping from the bridges into the water is still en vogue. A bit like in the '50s.

Riding on from Zoetermeer I came into a region that I had not yet crossed by bicycle and even came to some Dutch mountains, including a skiing slope:


But cycling is definitely more appropriate for the Netherlands.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment