After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Sunday 8 July 2018

Picnic on Zoetermeer and then some cycling

Bicycle: 64 km 
Riding time:  4:28 h
Total ascent: 153 m
Avg speed:  16.0 km/h
Max speed:  29.2 km/h 
Route: South to Zoetermeer for some picnic and then later in the afternoon up to the North to Brassemermeer
Weather: Sunny and nicely warm



Today in the morning my husband prepared a cold rice salad, a very Italian family dish, which we didn't eat in ages and then we packed it all up (plus a kg of cherries) and set of for Zoetermeer to have some picnic there. I didn't really know if or where there is a picnic place on that lake, but it seemed likely enough that there should be some.

And hell there was, with beach and everything:


Where everything included a lot of people doing barbecues. On the way to this spot, we also came through a nice village:


After resting on the beach in the shadow of some trees, we returned back home, as my husband needed to travel on to Bologna... So more time for me to cycle.

After a rest at home, I restarted my ride, without a really clear goal, but just thought that going North might be a good idea. So I went. At some point I decided to follow the "Molens & Meerroute"...


... and was "rewarded" by multiple windmills with cows:


... of windmills with cows and sailboats (yes, up there on the right of the windmill is a sailing boat):


It was also a ride to inaugurate a new cycling pants I just bought this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment