After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Monday 2 July 2018

A circle around Leiden

Bicycle: 25 km 
Riding time:  1:31 h
Total ascent: 39 m
Avg speed:  16.6 km/h
Max speed:  44.3 km/h (can this be true???)
Route: Once around Leiden
Weather: Sunny, a bit windy, 21 C



On Saturday I had come back from a long and nice ride in Gelderland with quite some buttock pain and a bright red spot. In the evening I was hardly able to sit on a normal chair and yesterday just riding out to a park on Kagerplassen was not the most enjoyable cycling experience (also because I had to ride on the brompton, as my Citybike doesn't want to keep the air in the tyre... But today it felt better so I decided to get out an give it a try. Wearing my second cycling shorts, so that I don't get the same irritation in the same spot. 

I decided for a ride around the city, both with the idea to be able to return home should the buttock situation get worse and also to get home in case husband was getting home for dinner.  It's not a perfect cycle, and looking at the map below now a posteriori there was definitely room for improvement in this round. Did really miss that river only narrowly. The South and East part of the ride was nice. The North part was simply along a rather major city road, so nothing specially.

I also forgot a lot of stuff today at home: helmet, gloves and water. Only the water could be helped on the road:


But I am happy that I am back on the bicycle without major pain.

Probably no more cycling for the next days, as it is off to Madrid (for work) on Wednesday morning and tomorrow I guess I need to prepare my suitcase... 


No comments:

Post a Comment