After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Monday 9 July 2018

Just riding

Bicycle: 17 km 
Riding time:  0:54 h
Total ascent: 19 m
Avg speed:  19.1 km/h
Max speed:  ??  km/h (Strava says 74.5 km, but I am positive that thats's wrong)
Route: Straight line out of Leiden and back along the railway tracks to Den Haag
Weather: cloudy but no rain at all, 14 
C


After a day working - read: sitting in front of the computer - an hour out in the open and just riding. No goal, just a quick evening ride. When I planned where to go, I wanted an uncomplicated route, easy to follow for just mindless riding. And this straight line did definitely meet that requirement.

As I wanted to be back home around 21:00 (but had started only a bit after 20:00) I turned back at quite exactly 30 min into the ride and came back. The way back didn't have the benefit of tailwind anymore... But still, I made it back in a little bit under 30 min. Total time out: 58 min, total time riding: 54 min. Probably a new record of riding time vs. stopped time.

No comments:

Post a Comment