After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Thursday 5 August 2021

Tour d’Europe (TdE) Test rides (D-12)

Route: around Leiden
Distance: 40 km + 39 km + 45 km
Elevation: 71 m + 95 m + 43 m
Duration: 1:58 + 1:49 + 2:19
Average speed: 20.6 km/h + 21.5 km/h + 19.7 km/h 
Weather: dry, cloudy, around 19C

Before departing next weekend for a maybe six weeks tour through Belgium, Germany, France and the Netherlands, I had some test rides close to home already with the fully loaded bicycle.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1efg0Gnq2-Kaud3rxYOBc_TYDNOhMy3Cz

I am saying fully loaded, but actually there’s not that many stuff that I will bring around. Only one bag behind the seat post of 17 L. Plus a small triangular bag (not shown in this picture) for food.

I just recently went to Tubeless wheels, so I wanted to try out how it rides, and how it rides with the fully loaded bag already strapped to the bike.

And I rides to reasonably well. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mU-8XPsIOq64DlsCCemDlfCzLPqLcvlQ





No comments:

Post a Comment