After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Monday 11 March 2019

Time between 2 meetings

Bicycle: 21 km 
Riding time:  1:05 h
Total ascent: 38 m
Avg speed:  19.2 km/h
Max speed:  39.2 km/h
Route: Cycling paths around Leiden
Weather: Clouds some sun, windy, but no rain, 4 C


I had 1.5 hours between two afternoon meetings, and as yesterday (Sunday) the weather was only ideal for staying at home, I needed to move. So I changed quickly into my cycling clothes and hopped on the new brompton and just rode into a direction, where I knew I would be out of the city quite quickly and could just cycle around. Which, if you look at the map below, is exactly what I did. Cycling around without a clear goal. Well, actually the goal was to be home again before the 19:00 meeting. So at 18:10 I turned at Sassenheim (after surpassing an electrified cyclist!) and rode back... but the way back was too fast, also because the way to Sassenheim that I took was everything but straight, so on the way back I did the same, everything but straight. That's how this strange form came into being. And yeah, I was home again 20 min before the meeting, had even enough time for a quick shower, and could connect perfectly to my next TC. 

Shortly behind Sassenheim this field of daffodils... spring is coming!


I don't have a statistic, but it feels like one of my fastest rides, at least it must have been the fastest this year, I think. I had obviously some back wind, but also for a short stretch when going NW some headwind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment