After riding 2 months through Japan in autumn of 2017, I am now back in Europe, working... but still riding on my brompton whenever possible. Currently this is mainly in the Netherlands, close to home. But hopefully other countries will join the list.

Thursday 27 September 2018

Lazy and wobbly - around Leiden

Bicycle: 11 km 
Riding time:  0:45 h
Total ascent: 32 m
Avg speed:  14.3 km/h
Max speed:  26.3 km/h 
Route: Just a bit outside of Leiden
Weather: Sunny autumn, still warm enough to ride in short skirt and half sleeves 



I didn't come very far today, however while saving the ride in Strava, I saw that my last ride (back in Osaka at the beginning of September) was even shorter, so I figured as my first ride back in the Netherlands it still deserved a - short - blogpost.

The ride was plagued by my laziness. Actually weather had been fine all week since I am back in the Netherlands, but yet, no evening I was energetic enough to leave the house. Actually I got totally sucked in by some very funny Youtube videos about Japanese kids. Like this one:


I know... no excuse... 

So tonight finally I was energetic enough to leave work early enough and get on the bike. However even before leaving I noticed that there was not really enough air in the wheels... but as said, laziness struck, so I didn't do anything about it.

I guess this, plus the fact that I have practically not been riding for the last weeks since end July (with one major exception for the all night ride through Tokyo mid August) contributed to the fact that I found it actually quite hard to ride. I hope that it is mainly due to the wheels. It was actually also quite wobbly on the bike, like not enough grip. But no hurry to do anything about that as on Saturday I will go to Amsterdam and "collect" (well the correct verb is BUY) my new bicycle. Then brompton can go for repair and maybe I will bring it back to Japan next time I visit... Let's see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment